How To Become An Ethical Hacker
How to Become An Ethical Hacker?
Let’s discuss on How to become an Ethical Hacker
Are you that hacker kid just who got over his 12th grade and looking for the right study guide on how to become an Ethical Hacker?
Well, to be truthful there is no manual that can give you the perfect path or timeline on how to become an ethical hacker. It will depend on the projects you work on, the opportunities you get exposed to, and hard work as well as luck. As wise men say “there is no shortcut to success.”
But in our discussions with the big corporate recruiters that generate a huge number of Ethical Hacking Jobs here are a few things you need to keep in mind.
When we conducted a survey regarding ethical hacking careers these were the most asked questions
- Ethical hacker after 12th.
- How to become an ethical hacker in India.
- Ethical hacker salary.
- How to become an ethical hacker without a degree.
- Ethical hacker salary in India.
- Basic requirements to become an ethical hacker.
- Ethical hacking for beginners.
How to become an Ethical Hacker, even without a degree?
Anyone ready to do the required hard work can enter the field of Ethical Hacking without any previous qualification.
But you can work your way up the ladder at a greater speed if you hold a degree in computer science and hold certifications from reputed institutions of Cybersecurity and networking.
What skillsets and knowledge should you pursue to become an Ethical Hacker?
A degree or certification could definitely get you called for an interview but what get you selected is the working knowledge and the skill sets you acquire.
Following are the beginner to advanced level skill sets you can build either by self-learning or certification programs:-
1. Build a good understanding of programming languages such as;
2. Build good understanding and skills in Database and Cryptography
You need to be acquiring skills in cryptography, decryption, and encryption as these are crucial skills needed for any hacker white or black to carry out his intent.
You also need to acquire enough understanding of database engines and data schemas
3. Train yourself with Sound working knowledge of
- Microsoft and Linux servers(especially Linux Kali)
- Cisco network switches,
- Microsoft Exchange,
- And latest penetration software.
4. Acquire and build expert knowledge in the fields of
- networking and network security
- various network security controls, protocols, topologies,
- intricate nature of network traffic,
- firewall configuration,
- vulnerability scanning of a network, and a lot more
5. Other skills you should build
- Creativity and Analytical skills
An Ethical hacker needs to think like a pirate and sail like a captain, One requires to build a mindset of creative thinking to tackle the tricks of malicious hacker who constantly comes up with ingenious ways to exploit a system you want to secure.
- Communication and Leadership skills
Recruiters look for the passion, communication skills, innovative nature of the candidate, and your leadership skills as well as how good you are able to work as a team.
But to get a curve ahead over the other candidates at an interview, your certifications matter.
SANS survey has reported that 81% of recruiters consider certifications a factor in their recruitments and a 41% consider certifications for further salary appraisals.
Certified Ethical Hacking
What are the courses/certifications or degrees you need to pursue?
There are many certification courses available that can strengthen your profile such as;
- Certified Ethical Hacker (EC-Council)
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (EC-Council)
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN) by SAN and GIAC
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA) can further improve the job prospects
- An advanced diploma in network security can also pave your way for a career in ethical hacking.
Certifications like CISSP, TICSA, Security+ can also get you recognized as an Ethical Hacker but the certifications by EC Council has an edge over the others.
RedTeam Hacker Academy is the best Cybersecurity institution you can trust to get EC Council certifications on Ethical Hacking.
Red team Hacker Academy has a blended training methodology coupled with practical hands-on experience with highly equipped classroom infrastructure and the best of internationally certified trainers makes them the best choice to get trained in Ethical Hacking and acquire placements.
Above all RedTeam Hacker Academy courses targets the market demand. It constantly lookout to provide certifications and hands-on training in programs the recruiters look out for in the cybersecurity market.
A Certified Ethical Hacker Certification provided by RedTeam Hacker Academy in collaboration with EC Council will upskill you by taking you through the basic to advanced understanding of Ethical Hacking in domains like footprinting, network scanning, system hacking, sniffing, session hijacking, web servers, and web applications hacking, and many other major subject matters.
RedTeam Hacker Academy’s other training programs related to Cybersecurity and Ethical hacking include:
- CPT ( Certified Penetration Tester )
- CRTA ( Certified RedTeam Associate )
- Certified IT Infrastructure and Cyber SOC Analyst
- Bug Bounty Hunter BBH
- Advanced Diploma in Cybersecurity ADCD and more.
With a virtual world that is getting more vulnerable to Cyber attacks and Hacking, the demands for Ethical Hackers are increasing. But there are not enough Ethical Hackers in the workplace that can meet this demand.
So do you want to hack your career out? There is never a better time to do this. Go for it!
Also, check our last post about Why should you choose Certified Penetration Tester?